Monday, March 16, 2009

Alarmed

This one falls under the category of "you have got to be kidding".



OK so I am in the elevator, I push the appropriate button for my floor, the door shuts and as the elevator starts to move I hear what sound to be steel on steel grinding. I think to myself, "self I am not sure this is going to turn out so well".

I take a casual but concerned gander at the "lift permit" and all was in order here, not that the problem would be posted for all to see!!!! My guess is the hotel had no idea of the problem.

Then I see it, right at eye level (I never noticed it before and I have stayed at this particular hotel on numerous occasions) was the most comforting and profound set of instructions I have ever set eyes on. Keep in mind the elevator is not acting or sounding right!!!!!!

the sign was this:
"If the elevator door does not open or the elevator becomes inoperable
Please do not become alarmed
Push the alarm button below and wait for assistance"

Only an industrial strength smart guy could come up with that!!! (or an attorney) I just found that to be very humorous at the time when I was becoming alarmed!!

LK

No comments:

Post a Comment